I'm a computer scientist interested in complex systems, where chains of cause and effect can be difficult to establish.
I build the computational tools needed to study these systems at scale, which includes using simulators and cloud computing solutions; develop better ways to understand them using advanced analytical techniques; and work on integrating sensors to incorporate real-world, real-time data.
Most of my work is in Python, but because I live inside Emacs I also write a lot of Lisp.
Latest blog posts
- 2022-12-02 16:36 Notes on using Jupyter in the cloud
- 2022-11-28 19:45 Me and my research
- 2022-11-27 05:31 Herding Hemingway's Cats: Understanding how our genes work
- 2022-11-19 09:26 Suez: The Double War
- 2022-11-14 13:36 What If? 2: Additional Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions (What If?, #2)