I'm a computer scientist interested in complex systems, where chains of cause and effect can be difficult to establish.
I build the computational tools needed to study these systems at scale, which includes using simulators and cloud computing solutions; develop better ways to understand them using advanced analytical techniques; and work on integrating sensors to incorporate real-world, real-time data.
Most of my work is in Python, but because I live inside Emacs I also write a lot of Lisp.
Latest blog posts
- 2023-04-01 07:03 Islands of Abandonment
- 2023-04-01 06:59 The Plot Against America
- 2023-04-01 06:53 The Information: A History, a Theory, a Flood
- 2023-04-01 06:43 The Curse of Bigness: How Corporate Giants Came to Rule the World
- 2023-02-16 08:59 More than the Sum of the Parts: Complexity in Physics and Beyond